Sunday, December 29, 2013

My Adventure to the World of Minecraft

I know I haven't posted much, lately, but please don't give up on me! It's been a perfect day, and I think I'm getting my momentum back.

Phoebe has been asking for a Minecraft toy since last month. The reason why I had not bought her anything is because I wanted to make a Minecraft themed pillow instead of buying one.

When transforming the pillow form, the sizes of each side should all be the same in order to make the block head of the creeper.

 
I wanted to take more time with the face and use a quality fabric. Except, I ran out of time because I started this on Christmas day and was forced to rush the project. Basically, I ended up with an unconventional look.
 

 


The dimensions were the hardest part while making the pillow. You have to make sure you are not overlapping the sides, and they have to be well proportion in every angle, or they will end up being uneven.





 
After sewing each piece, I had to leave the bottom part open to put in the stuffing. Then I closed it with a smooth sew finish.
 
 
The plan was to make her a stuffed friend that could be hugged every night. As I stuffed the pillow, it began to look more like a bean bag, yet at the end I still loved the finished product. My girl loves it as well.
 
Here is Phoebe after opening her Christmas present.
 

Afterwards, she played her favorite game--Minecraft, of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment